The mission of the Florida Society of Rheumatology shall be to:
- Represent the interests of physicians practicing Rheumatology in the state of Florida and fulfill the role of the professional society for rheumatologists in Florida.
- Further the goals of the American College of Rheumatology.
- Provide education for the practicing rheumatologist, the practicing physician in other specialties, paramedical personnel, the patients themselves and the community.
- Actively monitor the economic issues that impact the practice of medicine.
- Educate third party payors about various treatments for chronic diseases and the considerable time and effort that rheumatology is involved in the treatment of these conditions.
- Represent the specialty of Rheumatology in negotiations with governmental and private third-party payors.
- Facilitate the recognition of the role of the rheumatologist as the provider of choice for patients with arthritis, chronic pain, osteoporosis, and musculoskeletal disease.
- Achieve diversity in our leadership and membership.